We collect information about you and your use of our sites in a number of ways:
- we collect the information you provide us directly (for example, when you fill out a form or when you sign up for our newsletter on one of our sites);
- we also collect information about you from other companies (for example, by acquiring demographic data about you with all the tools in the Google Suite or through social media sites such as LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter);
- finally, we may collect information about you, including your location, when you access our sites in any way, including using a mobile device or smartphone.
Personal and Non-personal Information
The so-called personal information is that which allows us to identify you and includes, your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, geographic location, etc.
If you are in Canada, your IP address (Internet Protocol address, a unique number assigned to your computer, usually depending on your country) may be part of your personal information.
The so-called non-personal information is that which, by itself, cannot allow us to identify you. This could be, for example, the sites saved in your favorites, the language settings of your browser or the site that you visited before visiting ours.
Information provided by you: You provide us with information when you purchase a package or place an order for equipment (supplies and accessories) on one of our sites. We collect information such as your name, address, telephone number, the content of your communications (responses to a survey, comments on a product, etc.), information related to your purchase orders (including your order history), information related to job applications made on one of our sites, shipping data of people you send products to, and your username and password. We may also collect information about you, including your location and when you access one of our sites using a mobile device or smartphone.
You can choose not to provide all or part of this information to us at any time. However, this could affect certain functions of our sites or some of the services offered there, for example by preventing us from processing your orders or responding to your requests for information.
How do we collect this information? You provide them to us in particular:
- by placing an order;
- by opening an account;
- by completing a survey;
- commenting on our products and our sites;
- by contacting Customer Service;
- by submitting a job application;
- by accessing our sites in any way, including using a mobile device or smartphone;
Information Collected Automatically When You Use Our Sites:
When you visit our sites, we automatically collect certain information about you through certain technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, as well as certain advertisements that may appear on our sites and sites of other companies. Cookies collect a wide variety of information, such as your IP address, operating systems, type, time zone and language settings of your browser and certain data about the device you use, including its capabilities and its unique identification number (if it is a mobile device or a smartphone). Cookies also collect data about your browsing history, including the time you spend on our sites, the pages you visit and the searches you perform there, as well as the sites visited before and after ours.
Information Collected from Third Parties: We also collect information about you from third parties, including your name, address, email address, date of birth, phone number, demographics about you, demographics about your household, your purchasing behaviors and the content of any post you post online in our public forums or in our social media pages and accounts, such as our Facebook page and our LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter accounts.
If you use social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn or Twitter, we collect information about you there if your privacy settings allow us. We also collect information on these social media through plugins, such as the “Like” button, and through the pages and accounts we maintain there. When you post a comment on any of these pages or click the “Like” button on one of our products or promotions, we may receive certain information about you, including your name, email address, gender, date of birth, interests and your network of friends, provided that your privacy settings allow it. In addition, if you have chosen to link your account on a social media site to one of our social media pages, that account may provide us with information about your profile and your activities in that media, if your privacy settings allow this. Be sure to review our “Links to Third Party Sites” section, check the privacy settings of your social media accounts, and review the privacy policies of those media outlets so that you fully understand how other companies collect and use your information.
How do we collect this information? We collect this information in particular:
- buying or renting demographic data about you from other companies;
- collecting publicly available information about you as well as information that you make available on social media.
We use and share your information for many reasons, including the following:
- to personalize your experience of the use of our sites;
- to improve our sites;
- to provide our products and services to you;
- to inform you of our promotions and the products and services we deem will likely interest you.
We also use and disclose your information to conduct market research to provide you with appropriate advertising and marketing offers and to design products and services that may be of interest to you.
We work with companies that collect and process some of the information we collect about you and your use of our sites. We may also share your information with companies from which we obtain other types of services. Collectively, we refer to these companies as our third-party partners. Depending on the nature of the services they provide to us, these third-party partners may collect personally identifiable information about you when you visit our sites.
We, our affiliates and our third-party partners use your information in particular to:
- fulfill your orders and respond to requests related to the operation of our sites;
- provide you with Customer Service support and keep your account up to date;
- create and manage your consumer profile, correct and update your information;
- associate the information we collect about you with that which you provide to us;
- display and send you information and advertisements that we believe are relevant to your interests and profile;
- improve the functioning of our sites, facilitate their updating and compile statistics on our users and their use of our sites;
- personalize your experience using our sites;
- manage our surveys, contests and promotions;
- manage the communications we make by email;
- organize, manage, process or provide advertising services;
- analyze data to present you with relevant offers and advertisements and to avoid submitting them to you more than once.
We share aggregate information about you and your use of our sites with other companies to perform benchmarking within our industry, consumer analysis, market research and analytical research. This information does not identify you.
Disclosure of your information required by law or necessary for our protection
Applicable law or the government may require us to disclose your information for the purposes of fraud prevention, as part of fraud investigations, to enforce the terms of a notice we have given, or if we believe that such communication is appropriate and necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees and customers.
Purchase or sale of companies
If we or any of our affiliates are the subject of a business transaction such as a merger, consolidation, sale, restructuring or other transaction affecting corporate control, divestiture or, in the unlikely event that we or any of our affiliates declare bankruptcy, your information may be transferred as part of the transaction.
Except, as provided in this Policy, we do not rent, sell or share your information with any company.
We use various internet technologies to:
- collect and communicate information about you and your use of our sites;
- distinguish you from other users of our sites;
- manage and facilitate your access to our sites and your use of their content;
- understand your behavior on our sites and analyze your use of their content;
- measure the effectiveness of our advertising;
- present you with targeted advertising.
In addition, we may disclose to third parties, including advertisers, demographics, IP addresses, aggregate data about the use of our sites and other information that these technologies allow us to collect.
Cookies are small files made up of letters and numbers. They are specially designed for your browser. When you visit our sites, a cookie is sent to your browser and saved on your computer’s hard drive or in the memory of your device with an Internet connection. We use the following types of cookies:
Essential cookies: These cookies allow you to move from one page to another and use the site’s functions, for example by saving the contents of your shopping cart. They are essential for providing the services you want to receive.
Analytical cookies or performance cookies: These cookies collect anonymous information about the use of our sites. Among other things, they allow us to keep track of the latest activity that has taken place there, to find out what content has recently been viewed there, to count our visitors and to keep us informed of how they explore our sites.
Functional cookies: These cookies allow us to recognize you when you visit our sites more than once. This allows us to keep your settings and preferences and provide you with personalized content.
- analyze the behavior of our visitors to improve the management, operation and functioning of our sites;
- remember you in order to personalize your experience using our sites, in particular by remembering your settings and preferences, such as your browser’s language settings and the country from which you access our sites;
- to target our advertisements, which allows us in particular to promote products and services which we believe may be of interest to you and to avoid showing you the same advertisements over and over, over time, the advertisements we serve on our own sites and on third-party sites allow us to better understand the nature of the pages, content and ads viewed by all people using your computer and thus to present you with advertisements and promotions that may be of interest to you;
- allow you to log in to your account to explore our sites without having to re-enter your username and password;
- combine the information we collect about you through these cookies with the information we collect using similar technologies and your consumer profile information.
For more information on cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies (in English only).
- Web beacons: Web beacons, sometimes referred to as clear GIFs, are transparent image files embedded in our sites, advertisements, and emails. They include cookies that help us compile statistics on the effectiveness of our sites and promotional campaigns by collecting generic information about your browsing experience within a site or series of sites. They also allow us to determine, among other things, whether you have opened an email, newsletter or advertisement that we sent you or have interacted with this message.
Some of our sites may contain links to sites operated by other companies. These sites are not governed by this Policy and we are not responsible for how their owners collect your information. We recommend that you review their privacy policies, as they may be different from ours.
We use a variety of physical, electronic and managerial processes and technologies to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, use and disclosure. Although we follow industry standard practices (ISO Norms) in this area, we cannot guarantee the absolute protection of your activities on our sites or that of your personal information against attempts to intercept and unlawfully access third parties.
Your information may be collected, viewed, processed and stored in Canada and the United States as well as in any country in which we, our affiliates and our third-party partners are located. Please note that privacy laws may be less stringent in these countries than in your country of residence.
However, the company will first take all reasonable means to ensure that the information will not be used for irrelevant purposes or communicated to third parties without the consent of the persons concerned.
If the company considers that the personal information will not benefit from these conditions, it will refuse to communicate this information or refuse to entrust a person or an organization outside of Quebec with the task of holding, using, disposing of or communicating it on its behalf.
If you do not wish to receive marketing and promotional communications from us, please follow the right of refusal guidelines in our communications or, you can contact Customer Service at the contact details below. A representative will answer all your questions and update your account.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy according to our operational needs. If so, we will post those changes here so you can always know what information we collect and how we use and disclose that information. Any changes will be announced on this site before being applied.
If we make any major changes to the way we use the personal information in our possession, we will notify you before these changes take effect by posting a notice to that effect on our sites in a prominent place or, if you have given us your email address, by sending you an email message. We invite you to regularly review this Policy to keep you informed of how we collect, use and disclose your information.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, you can contact us in the following ways:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: dial toll-free 1-888-432-1550
55 Castonguay Street
Saint-Jérôme (Quebec) J7Y 2H9
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, write to email@example.com or contact us at any of the addresses or phone numbers above.